- The principal access is the AC-862 road from Ferrol to Foz and Ribadeo, which connects in Neda with the AP-9 motorway to A Coruña, a total distance of 99 km from the capital of our municipality. Ferrol is 53 km away. This main road also provides access to several other minor coastal and inland roads leading to the various parishes and villages located within the municipality.
From Madrid, another option is to take the A-6 highway as far as Rábade (junction 510) or Baamonde (junction 523). After driving through Vilalba and As Pontes de García Rodríguez, you should take the AC-101 road to Ortigueira. This route finishes at the Festival’s official car park and links up with the AC-862, which will take you to the town centre.
If you are travelling by car, you can work out your route and obtain full details on the Google map you will find at the bottom of this page.
Payable secure parking is available. Details of times and charges are available on the paper format programme.
- Arriva bus company connects Ortigueira with Galicia’s main cities. Full details of routes and times are available by calling +34 981 184 335 – A Coruña bus station-; +34 981 311 370 – Ferrol bus station – or +34 902 277482 – the customer service line.
You can also download the following here:
– Bus times to/from Ortigueira
– Public transport in Ortigueira
- The Ferrol – Gijón line (pdf) calls at the Santa Marta, Ponte de Mera and Santa María de Mera stations, and there are also stops at Espasante and Loiba. If you require further information, call the 24 hour customer service line on +34 981 370 401.
- Santiago de Compostela and A Coruña (Alvedro) airports are located 130 and 90 km respectively from Ortigueira. Both have daily domestic and international flights.
Information about the airlines operating at these airports and their routes is available on the AENA (Spanish Airports and Air Navigation) website.